THE APP IS OWNED, OPERATED AND RELEASED BY YAYA PAYMENT INSTRUMENT ISSUER S.CO. ONLY. YAYA PAYMENT INSTRUMENT ISSUER S.CO. IS INDEPENDENT OF, AND OPERATES SEPARATELY FROM, ANY SOFTWARE WALLET THAT IS NOT RELEASED BY YAYA WALLET S.CO. (COLLECTIVELY, "SEPARATE TECHNOLOGIES"). FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YAYA PAYMENT INSTRUMENT ISSUER S.CO. DOES NOT OWN, DEVELOP, OPERATE, MAINTAIN OR SUPPORT ANY OF THE SEPARATE TECHNOLOGIES.
- We collect outside of the App, including, without limitation, on or through any other YaYa Wallet S.Co. apps or any YaYa Payment Instrument Issuer S.Co. websites (including, without limitation, websites you may access through the App), through our social media pages or other presences on third-party websites, over the phone, by mail or in person; or
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of the App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us in connection with the App; and
- Automatically when you use the App.
In general, you should be aware of the following YaYa Payment Instrument Issuer S.Co. practices:
- The information we collect from you will be transmitted to us and will be processed in Ethiopia. Except to the extent otherwise required by conflicting non-Ethiopian. privacy laws, such information will be protected by Ethiopian laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country. Ethiopia, the United States, European Economic Area Member States, and other countries all have different laws. When your information is moved from your home country to another country, the laws and rules that protect your personal information in the country to which your information is transferred may be different from those in the country in which you live. For example, the circumstances in which law enforcement can access personal information may vary from country to country. In particular, if your information is in Ethiopia, it may be accessed by government authorities in accordance with the laws of Ethiopia and its states.
- As the regulatory body, the National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE) will access your general information, historical data, and transactions through our regular reports submitted by us and on demand.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access or use the App, we may automatically collect the following types of information about you and your use of the App:
- Location Information. We may collect and otherwise process information about your location while you are using the App. We collect and otherwise process your device’s unique device identifier solely as necessary for the legitimate interest of knowing our customers distribution across Ethiopia and the world, and for providing, operating, maintaining and developing the App. Based on the number of users in a given area (location), we will be able setup physical agent networks at which customers can get cash-in/cash-out services .If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, you may have the right under certain laws and regulations to object to such processing and may contact us to inform us of your objection via email at [email protected].
- Name and contact information according required to create an account accoding to Licensing and Authorization of Payment Instrument Issuers Directive No. ONPS/01/2020 issued by National Bank of Ethiopia.
Clarifications Regarding Certain Information We Do Not Collect or See
- A "Wallet Private Key" is a unique code that is provided to you by the App when you first create a new wallet (a "Wallet") using the App. Your Wallet Private Key is the only way for you to recover your Wallet and the currency that you store in your Wallet. Your Wallet Private Key is stored on your device. You are solely responsible for the security and safeguarding your Wallet Private Key.
- We do not retain data of your transaction history 10 years after your account becomes dormant, so after that period your transaction history and all other information related to your YaYa wallet account will be permanently lost.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you through the App to:
- Provide you with, operate and maintain the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Recognize your device when you use the App.
- Inform NBE Ethiopia about your transactions, registrations and balance information.
Disclosure of Your Information
In addition, we may disclose information (including, without limitation, personal information) that we collect or you provide to us:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of YaYa Payment Instrument Issuer Share Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by YaYa Wallet S.Co. about the App users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of YaYa Wallet S.Co., our customers or others (which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. While we endeavor to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted or collected through the App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide and will not have any liability for disclosure of your personal information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission or collection.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the App has given you a Wallet Private Key, you are solely responsible for keeping this Wallet Private Key confidential, as it can be used to access your Wallet and any Birr currency you store in your Wallet. You should not share your Wallet Private Key with anyone.
Effective Date: January 28th, 2021